Pages

Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Joys of the London Underground System!

Here are a list of actual announcements that London Tube train drivers have made to their passengers...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologise for the delay to your service. I know you're all dying to get home, unless, of course, you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you'll want to cross over to the Westbound and go in the opposite direction".

"Your delay this evening is caused by the line controller suffering from E&B syndrome, not knowing his elbow from his backside. I'll let you know any further information as soon as I'm given any."

"Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news is that last Friday was my birthday and I hit the town and had a great time. The bad news is that there is a points failure somewhere between Stratford and East Ham, which means we probably won't reach our destination."

"Ladies and gentlemen, we apologise for the delay, but there is a security alert at Victoria station and we are therefore stuck here for the foreseeable future, so let's take our minds off it and pass some time together. All together now....'Ten green bottles, hanging on a wall.....'".

"We are now travelling through Baker Street, as you can see Baker Street is closed. It would have been nice if they had actually told me, so I could tell you earlier, but no, they don't think about things like that".

"Beggars are operating on this train, please do NOT encourage these professional beggars, if you have any spare change, please give it to a registered charity, failing that, give it to me."

During an extremely hot rush hour on the Central Line, the driver announced in a West Indian drawl: "step right this way for the sauna, ladies and gentleman... unfortunately towels are not provided".

"Let the passengers off the train FIRST!" (Pause ...) "Oh go on then, stuff yourselves in like sardines, see if I care - I'm going home...."

9 comments:

Candace said...

Hee hee! I did so enjoy visiting London. Thanks for a really nice read.

heropoo said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about college loan

Online Incomes said...

Nice blog, keep up the good work!
I have a blog/site toohome equity loan refinancing
It's a free information site on on home equity loans and refinancing. It can help you save money if you are in the market for a loan.
You should check it out if you have the time :-)

heropoo said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of best credit card rate for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on best credit card rate. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

startonline said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you... I have a credit card debt consolidation loan web portal. It pretty much covers credit card debt consolidation loan stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.

Anonymous said...

Came here searching for car cheapest loan uk cause i need a car cheapest loan uk

Best ive found so far is

car cheapest loan uk

Nice blog on loans in the UK good for car cheapest loan uk

Anonymous said...

Came here searching for consolidation debt loan personal uk cause i need a consolidation debt loan personal uk

Best ive found so far is

consolidation debt loan personal uk

Nice blog on loans in the UK good for consolidation debt loan personal uk

Cocotine said...

Hi,
Found your Blog by chance - Great Stuff.
If anything relating to credit reporting agency interests you, please drop by at credit reporting agency.
You'll find some good information.

blaze said...

I found your site on card chase credit quite useful. I also have a site about card chase credit that you may find useful also. Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you think