Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Life Before the Computer

An application was for employment.
A program was a TV show.
A cursor used profanity.
A keyboard was a piano!
Memory was something that you lost with age.
A CD was a bank account
If you had a 3 1/2 inch floppy
You hoped nobody found out!
Compress was something you did to garbage.
If you unzipped anything in public you'd be in jail for a while!
Log on was adding wood to a fire.
Hard drive was a long trip on the road.
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived.
A backup happened to your commode!
Cut - you did with a pocket knife.
Paste you did with glue.
A web was a spider's home.
A virus was the flu!

I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper...
And the memory in my head!
I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash.
But when it does happen...
I bet they wish they were already dead!

No comments: