Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

World of Sport

Quotes from the world of sport.

Some people say football is a matter of life and death, believe me, its much more serious than that. ~ Bill Shankley

I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win. ~ Howard Wilkinson

I wouldn't say God couldn't have got it out, but he'd have had to throw it. ~ Arnold Palmer

The English are not a very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity. ~ George Bernard Shaw

The late start is due to the time. ~ David Coleman

I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father. ~ Greg Norman

Then my eyesight started going and I took up refereeing. ~ Neil Midgley

In my sport the quick are often listed among the dead. ~ Jackie Stewart

Winning is not everything. Its the only thing! ~ Vince Lombardi

And somewhat surprisingly Cambridge have won the toss. ~ Harry Carpenter

No comments: